Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers
AT&T has an opening for Network Controller/Operator Intermediate to support the GSM-O contract, in providing support for the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Operations Center.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed
- during the selected course of action).
Top Secret Clearance Required (Must hold Active Secret Clearance on Hire and eligible for TS Upgrade (#secret)
- 5-8 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc),
- DSN/DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- GTMS/ITSM Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems
- faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets.
- Understand the functions multiple RFO, and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.