Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T is seeking hard-working and dependable candidates to support the GSM-O contract at Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL. DISA acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
- This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC). We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's).
- Candidate will be "mission essential" and able to support rotating 12, 10, or 8hrs shifts based upon the requirement and resources available.
- Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- 3-5 years of IT related experience and a degree in an IT related field
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/guidance
- Hold DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more if the following: Routers, Crypto devices, Routing, Network appliances (CSU, DSU, etc), DSN/DRSN, DVSG, GVS, ATM.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, SONET, SONUS, Nortel, Avaya or Marconi.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
- Requires experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
- GTMS/ITSM Remedy: Understands the customer relationship tool which can be used to log/monitor the issues or problems faced by customers by the means of incident management tickets.
- Understand the functions multiple RFO, and charging the correct Fault Durations Hours to each Fault Category.
- Supports team members in taking ownership of tickets and updates the Action/Work log (troubleshooting steps performed during the selected course of action).
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Top Secret Clearance
Active SECRET (#secret)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.