Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
users to analyze business problems, provide recommendations, design, develop, test, deploy, and sustain technical/automation
solutions for day-to-day network operations/engineering problems for a global infrastructure.
Scope and responsibilities include:
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field of software development.
- General knowledge of Network Operations in a service provider environment a plus.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational contact with Prime and Government customer contacts.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Engages and communicates with DevOps Manager, and DevOps Team Leaders as well as Prime customer Leadership and government stakeholders
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Considered a career or journey level equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in IT related field or three years demonstrated experience in software development in one or more the following the areas: network modeling, multilevel systems integration, network design and implementation strategies, large-scale network performance monitoring, information technology systems design and operation.
- Experience utilizing a software development method that emphasizes business process analysis, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of success of developed solutions.
- Demonstrated success managing the interdependence of software development, quality assurance (QA), and IT operations.
- Experience with configuration and integration with any of the following Vendor products: IBM Tivoli Netcool, Splunk,
- Neural Star, Oracle Metasolv, BMC Remedy ITSM v8 , SAP Crystal reports
- Working knowledge of UNIX /Sun Solaris OS environment.
- Experience in scripting: shell, bash, expect or equivalent.
- Experience and ability to lead projects, work individually on projects, as well as a team player.
- Experience with IP Network and security fundamentals.
Scope and Responsibilities include:
- Defines software behavioral requirements and engage/negotiate with operations stakeholders to develop software functional
- requirements; control project schedules and deadlines
- Provide technical engineering support to all phases of network development, operation and management.
- Analyze network topologies and network performance.
- Develop processes and programs to enhance network performance and reliability.
- Strong speaking, listening, and writing skills are critical for presentations to varied audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong commitment to quality work, customer service and high productivity.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Technologically savvy in handling of administrative practices.
- Detail orientation and high work ethic.
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive proprietary information and personal identifiable information (PII).
Work location: St. Louis Metro (Scott AFB)
Travel: less than 10%
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.