Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Network Technician to support the Intelligence community in providing technical support for the customer’s LAN and WAN across the enterprise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Tier 2 network field technician will support the installation and maintenance of the client’s LAN/WAN devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Bachelors and 3 years of experience OR Associates and 5 years OR HS and 7 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
Desired Qualifications: 8570 Certification
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar ITSM products.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.