Cle Elum, Washington
Our Technicians keep millions of people connected to the wide range of services we have to offer. If you’re tech savvy, a great problem solver and love helping customers – take your career on the road with us.
- Level: Mid
- Travel: Yes
What makes a successful Technician at AT&T? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Communicator 7
- Personable 8
- Helpful 10
- Detail-oriented 8
- Adaptable 9
- Tech savvy 7
Cle Elum, Washington
It’s your turn to take the lead and deliver the future before anyone else. You’ll introduce our customers to AT&T’s award-winning TV service and state of the art technology while creating a best in class customer service experience. Be at the center of innovation, communicating your expertise through hands-on demos and service installations that provide customers with access to the world’s most robust network.
What’s it like to join our team? Well, you’ll work both in and outside our customer’s homes and businesses to install DIRECTV services. But that’s not all. Your expert knowledge in our wide-range of technology and services will provide customized solutions to meet needs and elevate the installation experience. And to make sure you hit the ground running, we’ll provide extensive training and the resources you need in a supportive team environment.
o qualify, you’ll need to:
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
- Lift and move up to 80 lbs.
- Possibly work in small confined spaces or aloft (up to 28 ft.)
- Identify wire and cable colors
- Qualify on pre-employment assessments
- Weigh less than 275 lbs. for ladder safety
You’ll also gain an amazing benefits package with medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. In addition to these benefits you’ll be a part of our ongoing paid training in your field leading to exciting career paths. Rounding out these benefits and perks we also provide 50% employee discount on:
- AT&T phone (formerly U-verse Voice)
- DIRECTV (including Free HBO & NFL Sunday Ticket), DIRECTV NOW or U-verse TV
Have you worked for three or more years installing or maintaining entertainment, security, or networking equipment for customers or have similar experience? Do you have a post-high school education? If yes, you can join our team with a starting pay of over $20 per hour or qualify for a wage credit. Don’t have three years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide great opportunities for career growth.
Don’t take our word for it. Our employees say it best!.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Date posted 03/11/2019
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Your experience can take between 4 – 7 weeks depending on location and time of year.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
- Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
How to prepare for your assessment
Our goal is to set you up for success at AT&T.
That's why we’re providing you with the information you need to prepare for the entire application process. When you’re getting ready, it’s a good idea to find a quiet place, get in the zone and answer as honestly as possible. And to prevent any errors from happening, make sure you are doing so on a computer and not a mobile device.
The job is rewarding with great pay, benefits and the ability to meet the needs of customers with excellent service. Each day is a new adventure. You meet new customers, explore different cities, and challenge yourself everyday. You get to work on your own, but if needed, you've got reliable support in your group of peers and management team.
Everyday is different. Everyday is a new challenge. You will learn something new everyday, so don't expect to get the job figured out in the first few months.Current Employee – Wire Technician
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
- Five Star Rating
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Party every (pay) day
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Save on swag
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services – plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
Get some “you” time
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Upgrade your skill set
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Graduate to what’s next
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Stuff your piggy bank
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Know you’re covered
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.