Our Global Business Sales team focuses on selling customized full-scale business solutions in a defined vertical or territory. You’ll generate new sales offering custom solutions designed and built with AT&T's cutting-edge products, services and systems while showing off the benefits of our advanced services, and ultimately closing deals.
The Technical Sales Consultant 4 is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on technical solutions to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of company products, services and solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for consulting with direct sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of the most complex technical products and services.
• Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
• Designs solutions and provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
• Leads the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
• Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
• Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
• Analyzes customer requirements and designs and implements solutions using company products and services.
• Designs technical solutions involving new and emerging technologies.
• May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
• Requires extensive knowledge of company products and services.
• Determines best approach to resolve critical issues.
• Assists less experienced peers.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Expertise, In-depth and working knowledge of client business drivers, applications, and networking industry trends is imperative
• Exceptional corporate presentation, and relationship-building skills
• Strategic thinker with sales intelligence, a strong presence and the ability to create, influence, and drive customer vision
• Effective writing skills; ability to support the development of technically focused, solutions-oriented sales proposals
• Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technology based solutions
• Extensive working knowledge of AT&T company products and services
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Understands competitive products and services, and competitive strategies
• Experience across the AT&T Data and IP service portfolio
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers
• Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
• Valid driver's license in the state of employment and insurance
• 12 or more years of experience in a similar position within the same industry
• Industry Certifications: CCNA, CCNP and CCIE
• Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
Bachelor’s degree is not required but a degree in technical related field, Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
Once you’re a part of the team, you’ll gain some amazing perks and benefits like: a competitive base salary + commission, medical/dental coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, paid training and paid time off. We also provide 50% employee discount on:
• AT&T internet & fiber
• AT&T phone (formerly U-verse Voice)
• AT&T TV (including free HBO Max, Starz & Epix), DIRECTV (including free HBO & NFL Sunday Ticket) or U-Verse TV
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. So, what do you say? Let’s do great things together.
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.