Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
- Participate in joint sales call with AT&T sales representatives providing technical support
- Consult with customers in selling and supporting company products and systems
- Consult, sell and support highly complex company products/services/systems/solutions
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Support unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities
- Provide technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products
- Design technical solutions involving new and emerging technologies
- Ensure system is functioning according to specifications
- Answer customer inquires concerning system software and applications and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Understand, develop and deliver systems/applications solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs
- Follow both standard & unique non-standard practices and procedures in analyzing situation or data from which answers cannot be readily obtained
- May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping
- Create recommendations, and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures
- Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities
- Position Self and Subject Matter Expert, Mentor and coach
- Lead technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Formulate responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users
- Qualified candidate will be required to work at customer site, remote response center, corporate location and or other site as needed
- Travel as needed
- Minimum of eight to twelve years in the telecommunications and/or network engineering
- Seven or more years of previous sales engineering and/or technical sales consultation experience
- Exceptional corporate presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Strategic thinker with sales intelligence, a strong presence and the ability to create, influence, and drive customer vision
- Effective writing skills; ability to support the development of technically focused, solutions-oriented sales proposals
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technology based solutions
- Extensive working knowledge of AT&T company products and services
- In-depth knowledge of functional/process areas
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with internal cross-functional organizations and customers
- Excellent customer communications, interaction and presentation skills are required.
- Must be a team player, who is self-motivated, organized and pays strict attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment and insurance
- Pass required sales and data assessments
- Ability to travel as needed
- Twelve or more years experience in a similar position within the same industry
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
- Network Engineering and/or Capacity Planning Expertise
- MS degree in technical related field, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.