At AT&T, we bring the world together with technology in ways you never imagined. Whether it’s your next big idea or the newest innovation, we’re looking for people like you to lead the way. Your creative solutions could impact innovations across telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Step into a future with AT&T.
The Senior System Engineer role is a hands-on function that ultimately results in the delivery of an application or service. Responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform, network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily through software development throughout the vertical stack. Defines designs; Provides technical enablement for application components and subsystems for an Application(s). Drives important design decisions for development team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary database resource to development teams during application migration to Azure - provision IaaS VMs, migrate databases, identify and resolve connectivity issues
- Serve as mentor to junior team members.
- Elaborate the design and interfaces for specific components including: Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces
- Validate technology assumptions, evaluate implementation alternatives
- Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others
- Create and enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline including: Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the system solution and explore alternatives
- Develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enablers
- Participate in project planning, system and solution demos, retrospective workshops
- Understand technical characteristics of and assist with architectural integration of external components, systems, and platforms
- Senior level technical expertise, typically requires 5-8 years experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience
- 1 plus years’ experience working in an Azure DevOps space, utilizing Infrastructure as Code tools, including Terraform and Packer, to provision IaaS Vms and migrate on premises databases to the Cloud
- RDBMS administrative experience in one or more of the following : Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Sql Server
- Linux shell scripting proficiency, Oracle PL/SQL and Postgres PL/PGSQL experience a plus
Ready to join our team? Apply today!