At AT&T, we bring the world together with technology in ways you never imagined. Whether it’s your next big idea or the newest innovation, we’re looking for people like you to lead the way. Your creative solutions could impact innovations across telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Step into a future with AT&T.
The Principal Software Engineer is required to use strong technical skills and business domain analysis to establish, modify, and depart from processes and procedures - leveraging new technologies and defining new approaches to increase modernization and transformation efficiency and speed. Position will help lead/code with the technical delivery team in the Agile development methodology tasked to iteratively build internal software solutions that are used to manage our network. The Principal Software Engineer coordinates with up/downstream application teams on the dates for delivering AID/schema and code testing to ensure the final code base is ready for testing with the internal client application on time and within budget guidelines. The success of this role will have a significant impact on transformation and modernization efficiency and log term TCO of migrated/transform software products.
- Software development addressing core technology challenges - actively develop software solutions for core problems, new technologies, cloud solutions.
- Software development of proof of concepts - develop software to demonstrate new technology usage to development teams and deployment approaches.
- Software design and software architecture function diagraming:
- Active contributor to architectural design diagram and feature creation
- Create artifacts used in the lifecycle support from an architectural perspective
- Utilize and champion the use of software lifecycle support tools (Jenkins, Sonar, Code Cloud)
- Documentation and team collaboration within code base and in wiki and other media format provide documentation for users and developers to use related to products developed. Write information for peer team member to use with onboarding and best practices.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2127780 Date posted 06/04/2021