At AT&T, we bring the world together with technology in ways you never imagined. Whether it’s your next big idea or the newest innovation, we’re looking for people like you to lead the way. Your creative solutions could impact innovations across telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career. Step into a future with AT&T.
Overall Purpose: Responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation. Responsible for Database Automation to create the Database as a Service for different databases as we transition to the public cloud and hybrid cloud model.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions.
- Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages.
- Design and create automation for database as a service for onprem and Cloud.
- Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting.
- In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include dynamic application security testing, interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing.
- Supports applications and solves configuration and environment issues.
- Supports the software deployment process.
- Responsible for Database Automation to create the Database as a Service for different databases as we transition to the public cloud and hybrid cloud model.
- Implement highly complex solutions that application teams can utilize daily to ensure that the delivery and operations of applications are successful.
- Design and implement automation for different features like Authentication, Authorization, encryption, backup, recovery, etc., integrated to database.
- Working in Agile scrum teams to communicate the status and effectively communicating to the team and leadership.
- Perform functional, performance testing, analyze production and non-production issues.
- Provide technical leadership to other employees and contractors performing similar roles when capacity requires it.
- Typically requires 8-10 years’ experience.
- Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
- Detailed understanding of the Kubernetes Runtime, CI/CD Pipeline or similar platforms, including the underlying technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic, Kibana, Logstash, Helm).
- Azure Certified preferred.
- Extensive experience in automation tools like Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc.
- Strong knowledge on mySQL. mySQL admin experience preferred. Other database experience like Cassandra, Mongo preferred.
- Good understanding and experience in Functional/Performance testing.
- Experience working on Linux environment.
- Experience handling Production support (triaging, resolving, etc.).
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.