Design, test, debug and document new and existing data components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
· Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces
· Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of data enablers
· Establish critical requirements at the solution level, and design a data platform to meet those requirements
· Drive and participate in data solution reviews, mentoring team in best practices
· Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
· Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
· Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
· Work with team to troubleshoot data and performance problems quickly and efficiently
· Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging problems
· Focus on scalability, security and availability of all data platforms and processes
· Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
· Contribute to technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
· Design and execute processes to perform upgrades and other maintenance tasks.
Job ID 2309926I Date posted 03/16/2023
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
· 8+ years of experience in working in Database, Data Management, or Engineering roles
· 6+ years of progressive experience in high volume/high transaction data administration
· 6+ years of experience managing NoSQL databases such as Cassandra.
· 4+ years of experience in performance tuning and database monitoring
· 4+ years of experience in architecture and design of data systems using multiple data platforms
· 4+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers, DBAs
· 2+ years of experience in NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb), Kafka/MQ/Rabbit, Redis/Hazelcast, SOLR/ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL and Oracle
· 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
· Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
· Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
· Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb), Kafka/MQ/Rabbit, Redis/Hazelcast, Splunk, Prometheus/Grafana, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes