Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Installs, repairs, routines and performs preventative maintenance on digital services and ancillary hardware and software in the outside plant environment. Work may include carrier circuits, Digital Loop Carrier (DLC), next generation DLC, Fiber in the Loop, SONET, multiplexer and/or light guide equipment.
2. Performs placement of plugs, cross connect jumpers, drops, protectors, inside wire, network interface devices, and/or associated equipment.
3. Performs work both inside and outside in connection with installation or repair of circuits which may require sending or receiving signals to adjust gain devices at the customers premises for digital and/or analog circuits.
4. Performs installation and/or repair of equalized circuits, which may require adjustment of gain devices, and circuits requiring signal conversion devices (i.e., DX to EM, etc.).
5. Installs and/or repairs complex premises equipment, such as E911, ESSX, and IDENTIFIERS that are associated with the concentrator located in the central office.
6. Performs tests to ensure that circuits meet requirements or to perform repair work.
7. Reads and interprets service orders, WORD documents, circuit diagrams, blue prints and follows standard practices.
8. Interacts with customer to verify that work to be done is as requested; evaluates customer’s needs; takes action to satisfy customer and enhance the company's image.
9. Completes documentation and reports information for work performed as required.
10. Uses computer terminal associated with Operations Support Systems related to work operations.
11. Uses access terminal to communicate with on-line databases for testing, receiving and closing job tasks and tracking plug-in inventory.
12. Works outside in all kinds of weather.
13. Climbs poles and ladders, works aloft, and underground in manholes.
14. Follows established safety practices and procedures. Must be able to safely utilize equipment resources to perform specified physical job duties, i.e., satisfies manufacturer's specifications for operation or use of equipment including weight limitations.
15. Lifts and moves loads up to 100 pounds.
16. Drives Company vehicle.
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications.
Testing: Technician Knowledge Test II (TKT_II)
The following must be satisfactorily completed for title retention:
On-the-job and/or classroom training as required.
SF401 Safe Ladder Handling and Pole Climbing.
SS508 Principals of Digital Transmissions Systems.
ND524J Network Digital Concepts.
Satisfactory performance and attendance in present job.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Valid driver's license and ability to drive vehicle with manual shift in some assignments.
Job ID 2115283 Date posted 05/16/2021
Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Successful candidates require the ability to:
Work various scheduled tours including day, evening and night covering Sunday through Saturday with overtime, call-outs and holiday work as required. Tour length will be 8 hours.
Use computer terminal associated with various Operations Support Systems.
Work outside in all kinds of weather; work alone at remote repeater locations and in manholes, etc.
Climb poles and ladders; work aloft and underground in manholes.
Lift and move loads up to 100 pounds.
ADDITIONAL FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED
Experience in electrical, electronic or mechanical fields.
Ability to speak a second language in some assignments.
Individuals holding this job title may be required to perform the above job duties with or without "reasonable accommodations."