AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Tier II Network Technician to support the customer’s computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
The job duties of the Tier II Network Technician are as follows:
- Support the installation and maintenance of the client’s Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) devices.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets.
- Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier III network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, and conduct inventory.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a master’s and 10 years, bachelor’s and 12 years, associate’s and 14 years or HS and 16 years. Twelve years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar IT Service Management (ITSM) products.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Tier II Network Technician (ND3) earns between 89,200 – 160,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2250865 Date posted 11/30/2022