AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Cable Technician for Pre-wire, vertical and outside cable plant.
- Works under general supervision and may provide leadership and training to and other technicians assigned to install, repair and/or testing of voice, data, and audio-visual infrastructures
- Communicates regularly with the customers, Cabling Group Manager, and/or Cabling Supervisor, to stay abreast of changes in work task and deadlines
- Interacts with the client, contractors and vendors on the job site
- Creates a positive work environment on the job site at all times
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures
- Helps maintain a safe work environment for all crew members by abiding by the Company’s commitment to provide every employee with a safe and healthy work environment
- Ability to work independently or with other Cabling Service Technicians performing service calls, completing
- adds, moves and changes. Updating customer prints and documentation as required
- Completes work orders, material transfer forms, and other documentation required by the company
- Furthers oneself though on-going education: either corporate or specialty courses
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 7 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 1 years, Bachelors and 3 years, Associates and 5 years or HS and 7 years. Must obtain/maintain DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification within 180 days of employment.
Desired Qualifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 Certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.