AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Technical Support Associate Engineer to support the Special Projects for the Program Manager (PM), DPM, and PMO to support the BrS Program
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
The Tier 1 Technical Support Associate Engineer will support Special Projects for the Program Manager (PM), DPM, and PMO to support the BrS Program
- Assist with the response to and resolution of incident tickets.
- Assist with and help Implement standard network change requests.
- Provide support to Tier 2 and 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Assist with the coordination of network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Assist with the performance of configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Assist with troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Assist with fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
- Assist with the response, isolation, and resolution of network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Assist with reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Assist with analysis of network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Assist with optimization of network topologies and site configurations.
- Assist with the planning of installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Help coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate should have 3 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Bachelor’s and 2 years of experience OR Associates and 3 years OR HS and 5 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP.
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar ITSM products.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry OS.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2142796 Date posted 07/26/2021