AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Operations Specialist to support the customer’s computer data communications systems, providing event management and advanced incident troubleshooting. Additional support is provided for design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; and analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
The job duties of the Network Operations Specialist are as follows:
- Support the installation and maintenance of the client Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) devices. Respond to and resolve escalated incident tickets.
- Provide support to Tier III network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys and coordination and installation of new equipment).
- Troubleshoot incident tickets escalated from the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades. Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, and inventory.
- Layer 1, 2, and 3 network experience.
- Configure and troubleshoot layer 2 switching (Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)).
- Participate in evaluation of new network technologies and provide recommendations to the network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN and WAN networks.
- Leverage various network tools to analyze and isolate customer impacting events on the network.
- Ensure operational network equipment is compliant with current software recommendations and configuration baselines.
- Draft and review process documentation used by network operations personnel.
- Communicate and troubleshoot with vendors and other service providers to efficiently resolve incidents.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems and coordinate replacement of defective components.
- Support operations and maintain activities and administer networks including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all network device configurations.
Required Clearance: Top Secret. With the ability to obtain and maintain SCI and a polygraph. (#topsecret) (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a master’s and 8 years, bachelor’s and 10 years, associates and 12 years or HS and 16 years. Twelve years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS), Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry Operating System (OS).
- Strong familiarity with Layer 3 protocols such as: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Label-switched Path (LSP), Virtual Route Forwarding (VRF), and Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio and ServiceNow.
- Familiarity with HP/MicroFocus network tools, such as Network Node Manager (NNM), Network Automation (NA), Operations Bridge Manager (OBM), etc.
- Previous experience with Riverbed network tools, including NetProfiler and AppResponse.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Operations Specialist (ND III) earns between 89200– 160,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2302364-1 Date posted 01/10/2023