AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer (Campus Area Network/Local Area Network (CAN/LAN)) to support our government customer’s global enterprise networks. CAN/LAN Service Network Architecture provides solutions for modernizing network components while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise. Our team is completely replacing a global enterprise network while providing design, engineering, and transition for a wide range of customer network requirements. This is a unique and rare opportunity to build and transition critical operations to a modern service provider network architecture.
The job duties of the Network Engineer (CAN/LAN) are as follows:
- Interpret customer requirements and apply standard design approaches for service delivery. Fully document designs with diagrams, bill of materials, cabling sheets, configurations, and other supporting documents.
- Use our private test lab to evaluate new technologies and capabilities, test proposed changes to production networks, and recreate troubleshooting scenarios to support the production enterprise network.
- Schedule maintenance windows for migrating user connections from legacy to the modern infrastructure. Transition services with little to no impact on critical data flows.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians, supporting fault isolation and resolution. Solve tough problems with innovative and scalable solutions.
- Develop secure network designs including configurations that align with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and enterprise policies. Obtain Authority to
- perate (ATO) for new devices, software, and capabilities.
- Supervise (not manage) other network support specialists to plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve design products, processes, and systems for our team to work efficiently and effectively.
- Although this position focuses on CAN/LAN, this opportunity offers the ability to learn and work on Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Wide Area Networks (WANs).
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: The candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a doctorate and 8 years of experience OR a master’s and 10 years, a bachelor’s and 12 years, an associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years. Required qualifications include the following:
- Compliance with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2 (Security+ CE).
- Experience specific to Network Engineering to include Tier3 or higher network operations and/or network design and implementation.
- Prior responsibility for production network hardware configurations for Cisco, Brocade, and/or Juniper.
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting standard routing protocols in a production network, such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) or Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Hands-on experience implementing and troubleshooting standard switching and trunking protocols in a production network, such as Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), 802.1q, and port-channels.
- Network engineering and design experience specific to CAN/LAN. Experience should include application of industry standards, developing configurations, and integration of solutions into production environments.
- Network engineering and design experience with MPLS WANs, network management tools, and firewalls.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation. Extensive Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) experience a plus.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to obtain a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification within one year from the date of hire.
- Initiative and disciplined to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Engineer (NE3) earns $89,200 - 203,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2321044 Date posted 06/26/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone