ISSO 3 (2112370)
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations. The services required by this contract will assist OS&CI in providing the NRO a secure mission environment. The contractor shall provide realistic, innovative information security solutions to accomplish the requirements in addition to program management. The services obtained under this contract shall provide expertise to support information systems security, security control assessments, information assurance engineering, and security control assessments test engineering.
AT&T has an opening for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Level 3 to support the National Security Sector, is responsible for providing advice and assistance to the Government regarding secure configuration and operation of NRO’s IT assets. Level 3 ISSOs will apply knowledge and experience with standard information system security concepts, practices, and procedures.
ISSOs shall provide comprehensive information system security support to NRO Directorates and Offices. An ISSO is responsible to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for providing the day-to-day system security operations by ensuring that operational security is maintained for an information system (IS). ISSOs are also responsible for maintaining effective communications with the ISSM, PSO, Information System Owner, Authorizing Official (AU) or Delegated Authorizing Official (DAO), Information System Security Engineer (ISSE), and the Security Control Assessor (SCA). ISSOs must have a working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI, with Poly (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Masters and 5 years, Bachelors and 8 years, or Associates and 12 years. Must meet minimum requirements for DoD 8570 IAM Level 3 certification requirements.
• Thorough understanding and application of network security principles, practices, and implementations;
• Familiarity with detecting and preventing computer security compromises in a networked environment; including security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures;
• Understanding of system methodologies and maintenance including but not limited to client server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, LAN, switches, and routers; system maintenance; Configuration Management (CM); and integration testing;
• Proficient in the use of tools used to stop malicious code; support forensics and evidentiary preservation; and make recommendations on the protection of classified and sensitive data;
• Understanding of COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all removable and fixed media types including but not limited to: (CDs, hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.);
• Demonstrated ability to decipher and translate technical information and information technology jargon into plain English in a well organized manner; especially Intelligence Community Directives (ICD), ie. ICD-503 and complex technical configuration management documents;
• Ability to apply a risk management philosophy when faced with security challenges and the ability to articulate the pro’s and con’s in a clear concise manner;
• Demonstrated proficiency with the following computer operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, LINUX, UNIX, Mac OS, etc.);
• Demonstrated proficiency with database maintenance;
• Demonstrated ability to work independent of close supervision;
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Working knowledge of all applicable NRO, IC, DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Management (IT/IA/IM);
• An ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines, and to manage the workflow of the ISSO team;
• Demonstrated ability to correlate audit results between various systems and/or users and notify the ISSM of any discrepancies.
• Expertise in forensics chain of custody and evidentiary preservation;
• Demonstrated proficiency in successfully guiding complex information systems through assessment and authorization control gates;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills and expert ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships with government and contractor program managers, mission partners, military personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels;
• Ability to effectively provide ISSO guidance to Level 1 and Level 2 ISSOs;
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.