AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Engineering (Capacity) to support our government customer’s global enterprise networks. Network Architecture provides solutions for modernizing the network components while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise.
The job duties of the [enter position title] are as follows:
- Provide capacity planning for Campus Area and Local Area Networks. Monitor link utilization and port density to anticipate increases and upgrades.
- Monitor and analyze network performance using performance tools and reports. Identify and develop solutions for network improvement and optimization. Assist with packet-level inspection for troubleshooting and forensic analysis.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians.
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve products, processes, and systems.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 0 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must be compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Network capacity planning experience, with standard approaches to capacity management.
- Extensive networking experience with Campus and Local Area Networks to include packet inspection, problem analysis, network performance analysis, and network optimization.
- Experience with various network performance and analysis tools (e.g. Riverbed, NetScout) and network management systems.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation.
- Initiative and discipline to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
- Must have or obtain a Security+ CE or equivalent 8570 certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2238019-1 Date posted 08/03/2022