AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Engineer (Campus Area Network/Local Area Network (CAN/LAN)) to support our government customer’s global enterprise networks. Network Architecture provides solutions for modernizing the network components while supporting service delivery for customer requirements in a mission-focused operational enterprise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer requirements and apply standard design approaches for service delivery. Fully document designs with diagrams, bill of materials, cabling sheets, configurations, and other supporting documents.
- Evaluate new technologies and capabilities through testing in a lab environment. Deploy these capabilities to production networks and migrate user traffic.
- Provide technical expertise to operations engineers and technicians.
- Supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network services.
- Develop and improve design products, processes, and systems.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: The candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
- Must be compliant with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
- Must have or obtain a Security+ CE or equivalent 8570 certification.
- Network engineering and design experience specific to Campus Area and Local Area Networks (CAN/LAN).
- Experience should include application of industry standards, developing configurations, and integration of solutions into production environments. Experience with Cisco routers and switches, Brocade switches, and Juniper routers and switches.
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols and the ability to demonstrate knowledge through briefings and documentation. Extensive border gateway protocol (BGP) experience a plus. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent knowledge.
- Initiative and discipline to work unsupervised as part of a network engineering team. Experience establishing process, developing documents, and organizing repositories a plus.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2238802 Date posted 08/09/2022