AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Campus Area Network (CAN)/Local Area Network (LAN) Design Lead to support the National Security Sector. The CAN-LAN Design Lead is a technical and management role which includes solution architecture and design engineering functions for government passive and active network infrastructures. The candidate will responsible for leading and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. These design and architectural activities will be conducted on the government’s wide area networks (WANs), LANs, CANs, Access and Control Interfaces (CI) and other networks that support multiple classification levels of communications.
The job duties of the CAN/LAN Design Lead are as follows:
- Translate architecture solutions into engineering high- and low-level engineering designs according to customer requirement and portfolio offering guidelines.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical engineering solution to the customer.
- Provides a team structure conducive to high performance and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates/leads the concurrent/transition/transformation engineering from existing to new network design solutions
- Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry).
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to architecture team moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
- Responds to requests for technical information from team members and customers. Develops technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g., team, practice, or project).
- Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project.
- Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: The candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years. Must be compliant with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 3.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our CAN/LAN Design Lead (ITSA3) earns between 89,200 -180,000. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2250972 Date posted 11/30/2022