AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer II position to support an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO) program. Specifically, the Network Engineer must provide management and support to vendor- and technology-diverse networks and infrastructures. The Network Engineer supports several network management systems that monitor the availability (24x7x365) of the different layers of the IP stack (Devices, applications, interfaces, etc.) running in ICE’s LAN and and/or WAN environment.
The Network Engineer should possess the following qualities:
- Proven experience in all aspects networking (routing/switching, DNS, etc).
- Strong analytical mind
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly via phone, email and chat.
- Ability / comfort to ask questions and at times question information being provided to them from various sources (to include end users, engineers, the CIO and other VIPs as needed).
Network Engineer duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide system administration and server operational support.
- Implement, install, configure, operate, and maintain Government-furnished network tools (Cisco, SolarWinds, Infoblox, etc.)
- Lifecycle/release management for NOC tools.
- Support all ICE operational security requirements.
- Report management.
- Provide network and systems administration.
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
- Candidate must have active CCNA.
- Candidate must demonstrate progress toward CCNP certification within 90 days.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering, computer, telecommunications or related field.
- Equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience on a wide variety of servers, desktops and networking and telecommunications technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures and trade studies.
- Ability to troubleshoot network incidents and provide a resolution report to management and / or customer.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with management and peers.
Required Clearance: DHS Public Trust
- Extreme Networks ECS
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.