You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T Entertainment Group is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team. As a Specialist - Technical Operations, you will work on a team that owns the end-to-end monitor and control for our entire local lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the service:
- Implement and leverage best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
- Perform first touch resolution
- Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
- Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities
- Documentation and robust knowledge base creation
- Project management and support
- Guided change implementation, documentation and training
- Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
- Provide support to the on‐air operations environment with monitor and control (M&C) to restore functionality including performing follow up and assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting of broadcast servers, applications, and software
- Assist with system testing and validation of monitoring and control maintenance
- Assist with projects including the planning, implementation, procedures, documentation, installation and training of staff as needed
- Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary
- Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
- Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
- Responsible for ongoing assessments in the area of availability (Mean Time to Restore (MTTR), Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), caused by change outages, and procedurals.
- This role includes receiving and processing client reports and alarmed conditions of issues, related diagnosis and troubleshooting, independent and/or collaborative (with additional support tiers and vendors) restoration of service, communication of status across organizations and administrative roles related to tickets and work requests.
- Accountable for driving and performing resolution of routine and/or complex issues across environments used to provide services for clients that have a need for high-availability of their systems, products and services.
- Drives research and analysis of operational errors/problems to identify root cause and corrective actions and reports findings to appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for detection, recording and maintaining of critical information related to Configuration Items (CI) that will be stored in a Knowledge Database (KDB) and the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) involving life cycle management of all incidents that affect the operational service delivered to the business and its customers.
- Oversee detailed planning and analysis for coordinating changes across multiple organizations to mitigate the risk of service impact and potentially invoking a Change Advisory Board (CAB) and a Change Restriction Period (CRP).
- Responsible for trending and analysis used to identify patterns that could potentially impact the use of our clients systems.
- Works with technical liaisons to ensure that our clients are well informed of issues being worked and provide plans and timelines of when service impacting problems will be resolved.
The background of the successful candidate should include:
- 2+ years of experience with technologies associated with providing a live channel video and video-on-demand (VOD) services in on premises or cloud-based environments
- BS/BA in a technology related field is preferred
- A good understanding of computer networking services and tools
- Strong working knowledge of physical equipment and infrastructure, RF equipment, technical workflow diagrams and working with engineers to test and integrate new systems
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment with changing priorities
- Experience in configuration and optimization of a diversity of toolsets to maintain and improve services, to include Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic, MoogSoft, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios
- Experience and familiarity with Kubernetes, BitBucket/GIT, Unix/Linux, AWS and agile/scrum methodologies with scripting and automation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, analytical skills and ability to influence others
- Experience with administrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring various systems in a Windows and/or Linux environment
- This position is in a 24x7 facility and may require the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime
- All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
- Hardware Infrastructure
- Incident and Event Management
- IT Service Change Management
- IT Service Improvement
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Network Performance Management
- Problem Management
- Process Management
- Systems Software Infrastructure
- Technical Troubleshooting
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.