AT&T has an opening for Service Manager to support the DoD team, in overseeing personnel and activities supporting the DoD transport team.
• The DoD transport team is responsible for surveys, orders, builds, implements, configures, maintains, patches and monitors the network.
• This includes Network, Systems, and Management and monitoring service.
• Key accountabilities include the availability, scalability, security and agility of the technologies that make up the network.
• This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, be an adept leader of people, plus have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations.
• As a member of the team, the role contributes to the development and execution networking capabilities strategy and ensures its alignment with AT&T’s IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
Main accountabilities in addition to following AT&T’s and DoD policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the network meets Performance Work Statement requirements and Service Level Agreement objectives, follows Change Management processes and procedures, and provides for continuous adherence to US Government directives.
• Developing, empowering and mentoring the AT&T staff and subcontractor employees, via performance management, growing the team into top performers dedicated to supporting company objectives and finding great new talent. Continuing the development of high performing teams.
• Maintaining monitoring and alerting systems and the associated processes to provide world class support for the network
• Recommending changes to existing business processes when appropriate to drive efficiency.
• Following guidance from the Program Manager and Program Management Engineering and to ensure security on systems is in line with US Government, DoD and AT&T requirements and emerging best practices. Protecting the IT environment from anything that will compromise security, stability or reliability. Quantifying risk and cost in recommending solutions.
• Partnering with, QA, and other teams in the continual improvement of processes and technology evolution with the goal of delivering an extremely high level of availability and reliability.
• Managing system vendors and participating in contract negotiation.
• Maintaining the department documentation and artifact strategy to support the chosen methodology.
• Understanding and communicating/managing the cost of installation as well as ongoing costs.
• Participating in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing IT operations environment.
• Partnering on all change management / deployment activities
• DoD 8570 IAT/IAM/IASAE Level III Certification
• B.A./B.S. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience Knowledge/Skills
• Knowledge of and ability to use a PC, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory Services and DOS, LANs, WANs, telephone systems and related security
• Highly Desired: Sub sea cable transport, large optical network transport.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage a team of IT Managers, professionals and specialists
• Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
• Excellent service management planning and execution skills
• Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations and engineering.
• Experience in budget planning and financial management
• Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied
• Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
• Understanding core systems and primary business functions like POS, inventory, HCM and systems integrations.
• Understanding technical concepts like enterprise architecture, SOA, virtualization, servers, database (SQL and Oracle environments), hardware, network, monitoring, firewalls, security, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, phone systems, and configuration systems. Work Experience
• At least 15 years’ experience in IT systems, with more than five (5) in a leadership role
• Project management and documentation experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field preferred
• Experience with Networking, Fortinet Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, VM Ware, Hypervisor, Windows Server, Red Hat, Skype for Business, BMC Remedy, and Splunk.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!