About jobs in the Czech Republic at AT&T
We’re proud of our team in The Czech Republic. In fact some of our most complex challenges are tackled by our Brno team from around the globe. How? By delivering great service, coming up with new ideas and pushing the limits of technology. Are you in?
The GSSI infrastructure is a datacenter-type construct used by AT&T and IBM for direct access to multiple customers’ network environments and for providing hosting services, internet access services etc. Due to the nature of the multi-customers setup in place security restrictions and policies are the paramount parameter of the service AT&T is responsible for. To deliver the top quality service we rely on the leading edge solutions produced by the key players in the networking business – Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, etc. The solution is always focusing on high-availability, security and scalability. Network support personnel is required to be able to comprehend and understand the complex security and design concepts of the GSSI infrastructure to be able to deliver an effective support with an opportunity to raise their expertise even further (GSSI Tier3 support, architectural-type of work).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Performing network support. Operating and maintaining network components in a complex multi-vendor environment.
• Analyzing network problems, performing configuration changes on network devices and network applications.
• Implementation of security policies to control customer network traffic in complex security environments built upon multi-vendor security products (Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper).
• Support IT network infrastructure projects with our remote teams in EMEA
• Coordinate and implement network related projects in cooperation with our customers
• Provide architectural last level solutions based on our GSSI infrastructure approach.
• Support and coordinate network infrastructure “End of Life” replacement projects.
• Cooperation on implementation of various projects in the customer’s network environment.
• Support for the architectural reviews and proposals of network environments improvement.
• Provide technical last level support (Tier 3) for your network based customer.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
• Operational knowledge on CCNP level
• Enhanced knowledge of Cisco IOS or ASA/Checkpoint FW-1 or Juniper JunOS
• Great knowledge of TCP / IP (including all common used routing protocols: BGP, OSPF)
• Enhanced knowledge IP-services (DNS, DHCP)
• Enhanced knowledge of Switch and Router Configuration
• Linux skills preferred on Redhat ES 4 and 5 platforms
• Experience with various programming languages (Java/ Python/Perl/MySQL/PgSQL/YANG) is big advantage
• Knowledge or problem and change management process is advantage
• Customer and service orientation, ability to operate well in an international environment, multicultural environment
• Ability to coordinate and deploy network related infrastructure projects
• Reliability, responsiveness and flexibility, Communication Skills, High motivation, Teamwork skills
• 3- 5+ years in real production environment
Working hours: EMEA + on-call rotation
Great job if you like the shifts and don't mind taking calls
Great benefits, 5 weeks training and ongoing training, mostly supportive managers, good facilities, competitive pay.
Shifts, mostly night shifts , some managers are more focused on targets than others so pressure can rise, no time between calls at busy times can be overwhelmingCurrent Employee - Customer Care Agent
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
On top of sickness compensation, you’re covered with a private medical program, plus extensive life and disability insurance.
All our people earn discounts on the latest and greatest AT&T products and services.
Earn extra pay for major life events and our annual team awards.
Team building events
Connect with your coworkers at sports games, cultural events and other outings.
Make your life better and more fun with discounts on select tickets, memberships and more.
Parking right by your office makes travelling to work even easier.
Our award-winning AT&T University can help you learn new skills and grow your career.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.