About jobs in the Czech Republic at AT&T
We’re proud of our team in The Czech Republic. In fact some of our most complex challenges are tackled by our Brno team from around the globe. How? By delivering great service, coming up with new ideas and pushing the limits of technology. Are you in?
This role will be a part of international team located in Brno supporting internal AT&T databases on Oracle technology.
• Provide database troubleshooting analysis (root cause analysis, alarm management, etc.)
• Respond to and resolve database performance and access issues
• Monitor database system details, including stored procedures and execution time and implement efficiency improvements
• Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical data storage for database systems
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing for modifications to databases
• Perform database transactions and security audits
• Implement end user database access and control levels
• Implement patches and upgrades to database systems
• Provide consultancy and support with database tuning and optimization
• Provide consultancy and support with new database design and implementation on project basis
• Implement and troubleshoot backups and restores of production environment
• Provide on-demand training and mentoring to lower level technicians
• Act as a SPOC for predefined set of customers
• Work on projects to implement new databases for the clients
• Working hours: EMEA
• on call (1 week in 2 months)
• 1-3 years of proven experience with Oracle database administration
• Experience with the application of database backup/recovery architectures and procedures
• Ability to troubleshoot environment issues and good orientation in outage situation
• Self-driven technical troubleshooter - independently digging into technical issues with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Solid experience with the Unix operating system and command set
• Experience with server and database clustering techniques and the performance impacts
• Team player with good communication and documentation skills
• Fluent English
• Any degree or equivalent education
• Experience with Oracle RAC, Goldengate and Dataguard environments
• Experience in database and application level tuning
• Experience in Unix shell scripting
• Experience with RMAN backup and recovery as well as export/import
• Experience with DB utilities such as exp, imp, sql loader, expdp, impdp, etc.
• Experience with database monitoring and tuning tools such as BMC Patrol, OEM
• Project management skills
• Ability to write, debug and tune sql and pl/sql, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
Great job if you like the shifts and don't mind taking calls
Great benefits, 5 weeks training and ongoing training, mostly supportive managers, good facilities, competitive pay.
Shifts, mostly night shifts , some managers are more focused on targets than others so pressure can rise, no time between calls at busy times can be overwhelmingCurrent Employee - Customer Care Agent
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
On top of sickness compensation, you’re covered with a private medical program, plus extensive life and disability insurance.
All our people earn discounts on the latest and greatest AT&T products and services.
Earn extra pay for major life events and our annual team awards.
Team building events
Connect with your coworkers at sports games, cultural events and other outings.
Make your life better and more fun with discounts on select tickets, memberships and more.
Parking right by your office makes travelling to work even easier.
Our award-winning AT&T University can help you learn new skills and grow your career.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.