Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Produce network configurations for multiple device types.
- You will create router and switch designs and configurations linking numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas for classified and unclassified intranet based upon approved architecture and design.
- Assist in the timely delivery of Authority to Operate packages.
- Communicate with other departments and organizations to ensure configuration effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
- Work to ensure that the site network is reliable and that performance exceeds that of contracted service levels
- Candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and highly knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 5 to 7 years’ experience as a Network Engineer.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities.
- Experience must include network design, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is required.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of Automation tools such as HPNA and an understanding of Python.
- A Bachelor in Science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- Cisco CCNP and Security+ required.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a divers and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.