About jobs in Slovakia at AT&T
Slovakia holds great appeal; it’s a skilled team and a vibrant economy in the heart of central Europe. Joining AT&T here means solving the business and technology challenges of customers and corporations worldwide. From services that entertain to products that are shaping the future in every industry sector. Together we’re enabling ideas that support growth and human progress. That means you’ll have plenty of inspiration all around you.
Network security engineer is a key role in delivery of next-generation network security paired with virtualization solutions. Main responsibility is to review, discuss and/or propose best solution to customer from our service and standards portfolio, paired with highest level of quality.
The position is dedicated to a major customer, engineer will work via remote communication methods (phone, email, IM …) to discuss requirements, and define clear solution requirements documentation. From there, the engineer is completing required internal documentation (DPS, EWO) and all implied processes, together with implementation & support of the solution until handover to operations teams (WW) is closed.
Engineer has to be a strong team player, with excellent communication skills to resolve complex communication situations, or escalations. It is required to understand complex company structures, as well complex project plans.
Key job summary:
* active support of customer and internal projects, focused on network security solutions
* implementation of complex system changes, which might require impact on service
* responsible for high to low-level integration plans, as well technical deployment of security solutions
* design documentation following internal guidelines
* understanding basic concept/architecture at least one market leading virtualization systems (VMware, KVM, Xen etc.)
* responsibility for driving resolution of identified problems during change/implementation on NW security devices
* Independent work within our team R&R on multiple projects
* Acting as highest level of consulting role in firewall & NW security topics to underlying support teams (L1-L2-L3) in case of P-1 or other major incidents for required technical consultancy
* work times 8/5 , occasional work out of business hours and on weekends can be required
* No regular standby/call-out
* At least 3 years with specialization on firewalling and other security related technologies (IPS/IDS, proxy, load balancing)
* Minimum 1 year experience with virtualization in design/deployment role (i.e.Checkpoint VSX, Fortinet VMX etc.)
* Intermediate to expert firewall knowledge – Checkpoint SPLAT & GAIA
* Intermediate to expert knowledge of central management platforms for our standard solutions (i.e. Checkpoint MDS, Fortinet FortiManager & Analyzer…)
* Intermediate knowledge of Juniper FW or Cisco ASA
* Intermediate to expert VPN and internet access via Checkpoint & ASA or Juniper
* Low to Medium understanding of IPS/IDS technology is required
* Ability to meet & agree on feasible deadlines
* English is required in written and spoken at least on good level
* Strong team player abilities are mandatory
* Strong ability in quality satisfaction
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Working hours: EMEA (approx. 9am-5,30pm)
Salary from 2450 € brutto per month. Actual salary is likely to be higher based on skills, knowledge and experience.
I will never regret my decision to start working in AT&T. It's changed my life.
Higher salary than the average in the region. Good cooperation within team and other teams. Opportunity to grow - you are not stuck in one position if you have the will to go further.
There is a great fluctuation of people in some teams which make it difficult to rely on co-workers. Sometimes it is tough to understand all those English accents from all around the worldCurrent Employee - Lead Network Engineer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
On top of sickness compensation, you’re covered with a private medical program, plus extensive life and disability insurance.
All our people earn discounts on the latest and greatest AT&T products and services.
Earn extra pay for major life events and our annual team awards.
Team building events
Connect with your coworkers at sports games, cultural events and other outings.
Make your life better and more fun with discounts on select tickets, memberships and more.
Parking right by your office makes travelling to work even easier.
Our award-winning AT&T University can help you learn new skills and grow your career.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.