The Employee Accounting function is responsible for the adequacy of all payroll and related transactions within International.
This post is a support role to the Entity Controllers within the Employee Accounting function and will support the Entity Controllers with their entities, primarily in payroll checking and answering employee queries.
1. Payroll checking. Payroll output will be received from the payroll outsourcer. This needs to be compared to the payroll input and reviewed for accuracy and completeness. The payroll checklist needs to be completed and approval of the payroll sought from the Entity Controller. The request for payment should then be completed, authorized and passed to Accounts Payable Team to make payments.
2. Employee queries. For designated entities the post holder needs to be an expert on the payroll rules of that country so that they are able to promptly answer employee queries. All queries must be logged and responded to within 48 hours.
3. Reconciliations and Account Analysis. Assist the Entity Controller by completing designated reconciliations of Payroll Balance Sheet Accounts and Payroll Outsourcer records to Oracle. Undertake variance analysis each month on designated entities and provide comprehensive and complete explanations of large/unexpected variances. All account balances are with sufficient supporting documents.
4. Accounting and Audit
• General Ledger input. Responsible for assisting with ensuring all payroll accounting transactions supplied by outsourcers are uploaded to Oracle within the book-close timetable. Need to critically evaluate the information supplied by the outsourcer for validity and request supporting justification where required. Ensure correct classification and accounting principles followed.
• Prepare and upload journals of employee cost related entries, Prepare accruals per company benefits policies and local rules.
• Assist in the production of the annual statutory audit packs for Financial Accounting. Answer any relevant audit queries. Assist with the preparation of information for Accounting and Tax audits by external bodies such as local tax authorities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• English language - fluent, Slovak language - intermediate
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team member
• Able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
• Good knowledge of Excel
• Good time management and prioritization skills
• Language skills beneficial
• Experience of working in a financial environment
• International Accounting and Audit experience
Working hours: EMEA
Contract: Permanent position
Workplace designation: Remote work possible
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Salary from 1180€ brutto per month. Actual salary is likely to be higher based on skills, knowledge and experience.
Your future is calling. Apply today!
Job ID 2225769I Date posted 05/16/2022