Big Data Jobs
As a member of our Big Data team, you’ll work with awesome people in a start-up environment. With one of the biggest data sets in the world, you’ll use data-driven analytics to tackle our business challenges and drive the innovation that changes the lives of our customers. In fact, your work will impact major decisions that go all the way to the top. This is your chance to turn the massive scale of possibilities at AT&T into an equally big opportunity.
At Xandr, data analysis and forecasting are our bread and butter – we process, inspect, and analyze billions of ad events nightly to provide unparalleled forecasting for some of the world’s top publishers. Our platform must constantly evolve, and we’re searching for an engineer to contribute to handling these Internet-scale problems. You will need to keep abreast of the latest technologies to handle large data problems and quickly determine applicability.
The Louisville team is focused on developing our Publisher platforms, including the industry-leading AppNexus Yieldex Analytics product. This platform provides inventory management, forecasting, and satisfies guaranteed advertising sales needs for the world’s largest digital publishers. We're proud of our highly collaborative, results-oriented work environment. Every day we grapple with fascinating software architecture questions on a global platform that operates at massive scale. Our goal is to provide a collaborative work environment, so you can write the best software of your career.
- Operate as a technical leader and be able to switch between individual contributor and mentor roles with ease
- Write high performance code where microseconds matter
- Retrieve and display data via RESTful APIs for a number of disparate end points, such as a variety of API calls from third party systems
- Design and implement large scale computing solutions, with the ability to think at a macro level
- Work closely with other engineering teams to realize and implement the next evolution of our forecasting and analytics platform
- BA/BS/BE degree and at least 7 years of professional software engineering experience (degree in Computer Science and/or quantitative concentration preferred)
- Progressive experience designing and implementing web-scale distributed systems
- Experience with batch and stream data processing frameworks
- Detailed knowledge of Java
- Experience working with Big Data, machine learning systems; experience with Hadoop, Kafka and Spark preferred
- Experience building REST APIs, web services and business applications that scale
- Excellence in formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Xandr is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both in for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
Big Data Intern
Good experience overall. Colleagues were very helpful. Atmosphere was chilled out and there was no rush to complete the project. Was given ample amount of time to understand the project and contribute.
People are laid back and don't take initiative to do something new or optimize existing stuff. It's not primarily engineering company so if you know how to talk, you will go far longer in career.Current Employee - Principal Business Manager
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.