At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
AT&T Digital Platform Product team is looking for a Senior Engineer who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About the Job
This career step requires senior level experience.
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies and programming languages.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for translating the core architecture for business requirements into the final technical solution (consisting of platform, network, software, cloud, etc.) through functional, performance, and reliability analysis using engineering models and techniques, primarily through software development throughout the vertical stack. You will lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess the strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Acts as an architect. Lead cross-team projects or single team projects of substantial technical complexity. Able to design, implement and display ownership of systems. Analyzes requirements and develops innovative, useful software. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Participates in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. Owns systems. Engages in the growth of others via teaching and mentorship. Collaborates cross-functionally to coordinate action on challenges.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
- Align development teams to a shared technical direction and partners with those teams in elaborating the Solution and its interfaces
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, Solution and Enterprise Architects, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enablers
- Build high quality code following unit testing and test-driven development
- Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Contribute to the technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
- 4+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction e-commerce applications
- 3+ years of experience building web applications using Java, Spring and REST
- 2+ years of experience in performance tuning and application monitoring
- 2+ years of experience in architecture and design of systems using Micro services architecture
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Junit, Spock, Mockito/JMock, Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI or Postman
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event-driven computing.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.