At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Job
AT&T Strategic Platform UI Engineering team is looking for a Senior UI Software Engineer who is passionate about the Web and Web Platform Technology and concerns and has a solid grasp on industry mainstream thinking around concepts like UI application frameworks, Design Systems, SPA architecture and UI modular component development thinking. As a Senior UI Software Engineer in our UI Engineering org you will be responsible for building and maintaining UI platform concerns like common utility libraries and component libraries. You will also be involved in evaluating new open source and OTS solutions for implementation and adoption of standard UI platform capabilities supporting our product UI delivery teams. You must possess strong UI technical and UI architecture background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience working in large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro frontend technologies. Must possess strong ability to communicate and stakeholder with peers working in the product deliver team around core UI strategies, standards and concepts.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Lead the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
- Provide functional and technical leadership and mentor software engineers.
- Work with other Leads, Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, and Business stakeholders to identify technical and functional needs of systems based on priority.
- Writing great quality code with a relentless passion for automated testing and validation.
- Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
- Implement, maintain and update CICD pipelines.
- 4+ years Industry experience working in the UI/UX area of expertise with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working with Reactjs
- 2+ years of experience working with relevant/related front end tools such as Webpack, Yarn, Jest, Gulp
- 4+ years of experience in architecture and design of systems using Micro services architecture
- 4+ years of experience in a leadership capacity - coaching and mentoring engineers, developers
- 2+ years of experience working with SPA/PWA architectures
- 2+ years of experience with server-side rendering technologies and architectures
- 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ years of experience in Unit and Function testing using Junit, Spock, Mockito/JMock, Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI or Postman
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux command line
- Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.