Member of team migrating VM-based and docker-based network service delivery and service assurance applications from AT&T on-prem to Azure AKS, PaaS, and/or IaaS. This transformation will convert the majority of our on-premises application hosting to third-party cloud resources over a two year period.
Operate in a Devops culture with focus on executing a joint development and operations delivery model. This includes working closely with the development orgs ensuring operational requirements are delivered and using key technology skills to deliver infrastructure and automation elements as a contributor.
- Support platform hardening efforts & address platform wide compliance related items to contain and drive down ongoing costs. This includes improving deployment and configuration automation to reduce environment delivery times and improve quality.
- Tune applications in connection with JVM, pool size, JDBC, and JMS configurations. Maintain and iterate technical solutions for environment related configurations and standards.
- Develop/Evolve tooling using applications including Java, python, and Unix Shell Script to support production environments.
- Manage common tooling solutions for tenant operations using HEAT templates, DNS management using iDNS, haproxy/vF5 loadbalancer setup.
- Responsible for the uptime and availability of supported applications and ensure the proper deployment of application upgrades in pre-production and test or production environments.
- Application monitoring using Nagios, Topaz, TAP-M, Azure, and Splunk.
- Perform Production Application Support (PAS) functions and Business Operations Assurance (BOA) functions.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 3-5 years experience
- Experience with or subject matter expert in key technologies and strategies used by the group in automation and environment maintenance. Examples of key technologies are Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform, Openstack, Chef, and Ansible.
- Environment: Azure, ArgoCD, Terraform, Cloudify, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, nova, HEAT, haproxy, Git, Jenkins, Unix shell scripting, Subversion, Configuration Engine, Remedy, nagios, instroscope, Sun Solaris, Unix/Linux, SoftwareManager(SWM), Global/Local Resource Manager.
- Able to work cross functionally with other business units
- Devops experience
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.