At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization. As part of our team, you’ll transform the way we deliver a seamless customer experience with digital at the center of all you do. In our world, digital is much larger than just an eCommerce channel, we are transforming all channels to digitally perform as one team to create a better customer experience. As we move through 2021, the digital transformation will revolutionize the digital space and you can build a career that will propel your future.
About the Team
The Strategic Platforms Application Architecture team in the AT&T Digital Strategic Platform group is looking to build a scalable and performant digital platforms. These platforms will be key pillars to enable delightful experiences to our customers and customer facing agents.
About the Job
AT&T Digital Strategic Platforms team is looking for a Principal Technical Architect who is passionate about building scalable and performant systems and has strong analytical, architectural, development abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Principal Technical Architect, you will be responsible for the architecture and design of various commerce, streaming, fulfillment initiatives for AT&T’s customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You will lead the initiatives providing architectural solutions to complex business problems and product development efforts. You must possess strong technical background with foundational architectural principles in building large scale distributed systems to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
• Lead the strategic alignment of application development roadmaps to application and enterprise strategies
• Provide technical design and architectural leadership to multiple teams and projects to help ensure applications are implemented and adhere to stated architectural and design principles and standards while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
• Drive efforts to architect, design technology-enabled business and technical information solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies
• Research, analyze and recommend new technologies, rationalization opportunities, standard processes, tools, and techniques to further the firm’s application and enterprise technology architecture strategies
• Review business process and technical solution designs to help ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technologies
• Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance.
• Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in working in Engineering or Development roles
• 6+ years of experience in architecture, design of complex distributed applications using REST, Micro services architecture
• Working knowledge of application architectures, software development tools, and methodologies. Staying current with emerging technology trends.
• Strong understanding of Micro-services patterns and architectures
• 8+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction applications
• 8+ years of experience building web applications using Java, Spring and REST
• Strong software development experience and background.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Technical skills in Java, REST services, relational DBs, NoSql technologies (Cassandra/MongoDb)
• 2+ years of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes
• 2+ years of experience in CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
• Experience in building multi-channel or multi-tenant aware commerce platforms
• Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
• Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, product managers and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.