At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide an intuitive and integrated experience for customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world. You’ll drive how we deliver a seamless and fast customer experience with digital at the center of AT&T's distribution channels. We’re offering an opportunity to revolutionize the digital space and the chance to create a career that will propel your future.
Director of Product & Engineering – Commerce/Customer/Order Domain
AT&T Digital Strategic Platforms team is looking for a Director of Product & Engineering who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Director, you will be responsible for the product strategy, planning, design and development of various initiatives for AT&T’s customer and employee digital experience across our consumer distribution channels. You will manage and lead the software product development life cycle from inception to production launch and post-production support. You must possess strong technical background to ensure you are designing modular & scalable web components, you must have experience leading large cross-organizational software development projects and have a well-rounded technical background in current web and micro-service technologies.
• Develop vision and roadmap, and execute with coherent strategy, including design, user requirements, market assessments and scalable delivery plan for Customer/Order/Customer Domain
• Engage customers, partners and internal stakeholders to determine business requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives
• Craft and communicate product strategy across the organization and influence senior executives to acquire the necessary resources.
• Collaborate with PM, Engineering and operations peers to deliver strategic and tactical plans and objectives
• Provide technical design and architectural leadership to multiple teams and projects to help ensure applications are integrated and adhere to stated architectural and design principles and standards while having the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role.
• Drive efforts to architect, design, develop, and implement technology-enabled business and technical information solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Owns key initiatives & deliverables especially in a specific domain area
• Provide functional and technical leadership to other Associate Directors, Product Managers, Lead Engineers, Architects and Quality Analysts
• Enforce company policies in the areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management and compliance
• Supervise a team of 10 or more employees along with contractors
• 12+ years of experience in working in Product, Engineering or Development roles
• 8+ years of progressive experience in one or more of the following areas: application delivery; subject matter expertise in building Java-based high-volume/high-transaction e-commerce applications
• 8+ years of experience with leading and managing teams
• 8+ years of experience building web applications using React, Java, Spring and REST
• 3+ years of Product Management experience
• Prior experience with Digital transformations
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience in thought leadership and creating high quality products
• Experience in leadership with the ability to work well across business units, building relationships to deliver on joint objectives and key results
• Experience in building multi-tenant, multi-channel or multi-tenant aware ordering platforms
• Experience working with Adobe Analytics and Customer experience analytics tools
• Expert knowledge and experience working with asynchronous message processing, stream processing and event driven computing.
• Experience working within Agile/Scrum/Kanban development team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex technical information in a clear manner to peers, developers, and senior leaders
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Our Position earns between $153800 - $287200 yearly. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Job ID 2246319 Date posted 10/25/2022