Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Provide Tier II network operations support for the FEMA Enterprise Unified Communications (UC) systems and collaboration technologies.
- Works with other FEMA NOC contract staff to maintain responsibility for the daily operational monitoring, maintenance, configuration and growth of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Avaya/Nortel CUCM environments.
- Ensures these voice environments can communicate effectively within the enterprise voice domain. Interacts with other FEMA NOC, FEMA VOC and FEMA Engineering teams (data, satellite, audio/video, ETC.) to ensure VoIP/Video UC is fully operational and capable of supporting the FEMA mission. Assists FEMA engineers and FEMA VOC with integrating video services into the new FEMA Cisco Centralized CUCM solution.
- Candidates should have knowledge of SIP voice, video, and other UC functions and ability to work in an operational or real-time environment.
- Additional experience with voice and data systems (Avaya Aura Audio Conference Bridge, Avaya Definity G3, Merlin Legend, Nortel PBX’s, multiplexers, CSU/DSU, Cisco switches and routers, TCP/IP) would be a plus.
- Work is performed at the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) Network Operations Center and may include a requirement to telework from personal residence on occasion.
- Overtime, shift work and weekend tours will be required.
- Occasional travel may be required, or other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. Employee must be willing and able to obtain a government issued Top Secret Security clearance. Holding a current TS is a plus.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.