What makes AT&T a global company? For starters, we support an impressive portfolio of large multi-nationals customers wherever they live and work. . We also have one of the largest networks ever created. Today, we’re bringing it all together with revolutionary devices and next generation services for U.S consumers and advanced communication, cloud application, and leading mobility solutions for business globally. Our collaborative approach to innovation is transforming what’s possible – in the home, in the car, and everywhere. With locations across the Asia Pacific, the Americas and EMEA, we’re the network of career possibilities that connects the world.
Works in a team to review requirements and develop solutions that address the client’s needs. Leads creation of the necessary engineering and documentation. Oversees schedule and implement.
Performs network engineering planning assignments relating to implementation, operation and maintenance of new or existing network hardware or software products/systems. Designs and tests features for network compatibility. Integrates need assessments, estimates cost, plans projects, and plans implementation, operation, and maintenance of product deployment for upgrade of networks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As operations Network Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Designing and implementation network changes as part of project preparation
• Analysis and troubleshooting of complex problems involving multiple build teams until such time that a project is accepted in to the RUN space.
• Scripting and peer reviewing of less complex/routine changes to be implemented by 24/7 Operations team.
• Pro-actively investigating and advising on network design improvements across the range of network environments.
• Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies within large scale enterprise network environments including but not limited to BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, VRF, VRRP, STP, VLANs
• Predominantly Experienced with HPE Comware/H3C and Cisco Routing & Switching technologies along with Cisco Wireless, ASA, Juniper SRX Series, F5 BIG IP LTM, CheckPoint Firewalls, Fortigate Firewalls, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer products, Tipping Point IPS, Riverbed Steelheads & Aruba Wireless.
1. Provides On-site support for network incidents that require hands and eyes at client facility to assist with troubleshooting, log captures, simple cable/patch changes, or device reboots.
2. Works assigned projects in the area of LAN, WAN, datacenter. May be building new infrastructure or making changes to existing networks.
3. Works with client to understand requirements and develop solutions.
4. Creates the necessary network engineering configurations and or designs for the project. Works with the client and other technical teams to schedule implementations. May participate or need to support the Change.
5. Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and project delivery time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
6. Provide all necessary network and project documentation.
7. As necessary, work with the client and Support teams to diagnose and correct problems that may have resulted from changes.
8. Actively participate in meetings pertaining to requirements discussions, project management, and all staff meetings.
Develops plans and/or designs Network requirements and standards. May manage installation. Responsibilities include translating customer requirements into functional specifications and Vendor selection. Provides technical support to Transport, ITA, External Vendors, Supplier Management, Division, Central Office Planning, alarm engineering, power engineers, OSWF, Project Management, and external customers.
Key Competencies and Skills:
1) SC security clearance required
2) UK National
3) Must have at least 3-5 years network experience.
4) Cisco CCNP or other equivalent professional level of certification
5) Knowledge of Cisco or HP routers and switches technologies is a must.
6) Knowledge in at least one more technology (Load balancers, proxy servers, wireless, voice etc.)
7) Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
8) Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication or equivalent.
9) Excellent coordination and communication skills.
10) Experience in project related activities.
11) Fluent in English.
12) Team Player.
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
• Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
• IPS/IDS understanding
• Working knowledge of data communications: premise cabling (Cat5/6), fiber optics, and peripherals.
Proven experience leading complex network issue resolution
• A thorough understanding of network design and components associated with LAN, WAN, and Datacenter environments.
• Must be able to create detailed multi-vendor design and configurations. Working knowledge of Command Line instructions.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects/ activities concurrently.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information in a concise and articulate manner.
• Be flexible and creative to adapt to environments where functional and business objectives evolve and change rapidly
• Be a capable individual contributor with ability to work with other departments and coordinate activities. Strong customer service skills are essential.
• Familiarity with the TCP/IP protocol stack, how information flows between the layers and what that means in an Enterprise and Data Center network environments.
• Be organized and proficient with accounting for time, billing specifics, and company reporting activities.
• Very proficient with Visio, Excel, and other MS Office products.
Education and Qualifications:
• Certification: HP ASE, HP MASE, , , CCNP Security, , Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE,
• Juniper JNCIA/JNCIE, Fortinet/Fortigate
• Knowledge of one or all of the following technologies equipment is extremely beneficial: - F5
• Load Balancers F5 / Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco and HP Wireless / Riverbed WAN accelerators.
• Wireless controllers and access points
• VMWare NSX
• Cisco / HP routers , switches and network product
• Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) processes
Fluent in English
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.