Experienced PowerBI platform admin position to support user/client in their pursuit if Analytics, Visualization and Reporting. Create and support PowerBI premium nodes, user onboarding and workload deployments. Support the deployed workload through its lifecycle.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Configure and maintain Power BI service (app.powerbi.com) for content sharing; and managing the Premium Capacity of Power BI service.
• Administrator PowerBI nodes and their workload in activities such as user, provisioning, creating and managing security groups, assigning user permissions, monitoring usage metrics for dashboards, and auditing logs using O365 Security & Compliance Center. Support users in installation, upgrade, data connection, security, external drivers.
• Automate various Power BI related jobs using PowerShell Scripts and MSFT Flow/Power Automate. Setup user groups in AD (Active Directory) corresponding to user workspace and app for user access control
• Participate in projects, client engagements in building new PowerBI functionality or to enhance the current project.
• Consult with clients and business unit on their requirements, present technical solution and cost options and transform the business request into a technical plan.
• Support users in their daily PowerBI interactions and issues. Isolate poor user experience and data refresh issues and engage relevant teams to troubleshoot and return service times to BAU.
• Identify, document and share best practices to improve processes, user education and communication.
• Automate metrics gathering, setup alerts and bring visibility to infrastructure/process needs.
• Identify required/useful upcoming features from product roadmaps, test them with user participation and deploy them in production. Partner with vendor to drive results.
• Periodically review alerts, security bulletins, best practices and advisories and update the platform version, security and processes.
• Typically requires a Bachelors’ or foreign equivalent degree in Computer science or Electrical Engineering.
• 7+ years’ experience in configuring and maintaining Power BI service (app.powerbi.com) for content sharing; and managing the Premium Capacity of Power BI service.
• Proficient in carrying out PowerBI administrator activities such as user, provisioning, creating and managing security groups, assigning user permissions, monitoring usage metrics for dashboards, and auditing logs using O365 Security & Compliance Center. Support users in installation, upgrade, data connection, security, external drivers.
• Ability to automate various Power BI related jobs using PowerShell Scripts and MSFT Flow/Power Automate. Setup user groups in AD (Active Directory) corresponding to user workspace and app for user access control.
• 5+ years of experience support large and fast paced development teams is required. 5+ years’ experience scripting language like Python, Powershell, Bash/Ksh and ability to write programs for automation in data management, cloud infra management, resource and performance monitoring and capacity planning.
• Strong communication skills and extensive experience in client/project engagements, understanding client’s business requirements and challenges, ability to discuss and present technical solutions and (i.e. analytical consulting and solution design). strong presentation skills including visualizations and storyboard of analysis results via PowerPoint.
• 5+ yrs of experience in writing complex SQL queries, troubleshooting complex code run failures, isolating root cause and user experience issues.
• Experience with other BI-tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy will be a strong plus. Azure certifications will be a strong plus.
• The ideal candidate must have strong client orientation, ability to work with large userbase and ability to multitask and prioritize in a complex and fast paced environment.
Should be flexible to work in EMEA shifts
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.