AT&T was the first to deliver advanced telecommunications and technology services to companies headquartered in India. That means big things for your career. Not only will you join one of the most exciting telecom markets in the world, you’ll bring your technology expertise to local as well as international customers.
Do you want to bring game-changing Monitoring and Insturmentation practices to a dynamic and globally distributed engineering organization? The Engineering Productivity team builds the systems and processes that enable Xandr engineers to do their best work every day. We own the build, deployment & test systems that power our next-generation ad-tech platform. The Engineering Productivity team is at the forefront of adopting new tools & techniques for the entire Xandr engineering community. We're hands-on agents of change who exemplify and create the next wave of best practices. We're highly collaborative and our highest values include quality, scalability, automation, and team work.
We’re on the lookout for someone to build and implement scalable, high-performance instrumentation solutions, enabling intelligent operations through continuous observation. This highly-visible role will work closely with engineering, ops, and product teams to maximize observability and proactively minimize the impact of application performance issues.
• Developing an enterprise-wide instrumentation strategy to support real time observability, health checks and escalations
• Enabling engineering teams to quickly set up instrumentation tools and interfaces by automating observability where possible
• Writing integration, plugin, and configuration solutions
• Consuming and integrating REST APIs
• Defining observability standards, documentation and best practices
• Creating operational dashboards to track KPI performance
• Providing monitoring and instrumentation support and maintenance
• Conducting presentations and training engineers on observability tool usage
QualificationsStrong working knowledge of Python or similar technologies
• Experience with ELK stack or similar log management tool
• Working knowledge of system and application metric monitoring tools
• Kubernetes knowledge preferred
• Experience designing and developing customized tools, scripts and dashboards
• Experience building robust SaaS monitoring and instrumentation frameworks
• A collaborative and customer-centric mindset with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Flexibility to fix production monitoring issues, and work in real time with team members around the globe
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the insight to translate business goals into tech requirements
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field, or tenured related experience
• At least 5+ years’ experience engineering in a distributed, high-availability environment
Work timings:1 to 10 PM IST
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.