AT&T was the first to deliver advanced telecommunications and technology services to companies headquartered in India. That means big things for your career. Not only will you join one of the most exciting telecom markets in the world, you’ll bring your technology expertise to local as well as international customers.
ACSI is building a brand new team to support the AT&T Xandr advertising & analytics business. Leveraging the spirit of innovation that began with Alexander Graham Bell more than 140 years ago and has continued on as a part of AT&T’s legacy, Xandr is uniquely positioned to move the advertising industry forward. The foundation of that will be world class technology, and we want you to be a part of our journey by joining our new technical center of excellence.
This position is part of the AppNexus. A Xandr Compnay, Network Engineering team. We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our Technical Operations group and to immediately take on some of the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our Network as well as to work on engineering tasks with our senior network engineers.
There is substantial opportunity to learn a lot while working on our team. Everything from Layer 2 switching to routing (BGP) to load balancing to LDAP, NTP, CDN, monitoring and more. If you want to work in the field large-scale data center operations and high volume Internet service delivery then you should talk to us.
About the team:
The Technical Operations team is responsible for all technical operations including production customer-facing systems in 6 data centers (Singapore, Los Angeles, Denver, New York, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt) and our 24 offices spread across the globe. We have thousands of servers and hundreds of gigabits per second of traffic to our customers.
We have network equipment from Juniper, and Arista. Our network consists of dozens of Ten Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) ISP connections, and various 10/100GE private peerings and interconnects. We also have some numerous private 10GEs between data centers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the 24/7 operations of the AppNexus global network
- Provide on-call coverage as part of the Network Engineering team
- Perform and take ownership of maintenance activities within the AppNexus global network
Key Competencies and Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience with some or all the following platforms, protocols, and technologies:
Juniper M/MX Series routers
Spanning Tree (MST/ PVST)
- Ethernet (10GE/40GE/100GE)
- VLAN technologies
- Copper and fiber cabling
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English
- Competent with protocol debugging using standard tools wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Experience configuring, operating, debugging, and maintaining IPSEC / SSL VPNs
- Participate in on-call rotation responding to alerts and systems issues
- Regularly perform network maintenance during overnight and/or weekend maintenance windows
- Basic Linux/Unix user skills sufficient to debug network problems
- Experience with some or all of the following is highly desirable:
- ANYCAST Routing
- Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
- Flow export protocols (sflow, IPFIX)
- MPLS/L3VPN Network design
- MPLS/RSVP Traffic Engineering
- Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Datacenter design and operations
Education and Qualifications:
BS in Computer Science or equivalent 4 years of experience working as network engineer
You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.