The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
Are you one of the candidates that can join our technology center of excellence, become embedded in a global team and deliver results for our customer? We have an opportunity in our Data Management Delivery team.
About the Job:
Our Data Platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 2-4 terabytes of data per hour. We are looking for Platform Support Engineers to provide support for our Data Platform applications and systems. In partnership with Senior/Staff Engineers, you will improve stability, availability and performance optimizations, in addition to improving the usability and maintainability of each application. You will also be expected to develop competency for most, if not all, technologies within the Data Platform, and will be the subject matter expert for applications they support. All core data platform applications at Xandr emphasize high performance, optimize map-reduce designs, and involve a plethora of technologies.Our Data Platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 2-4 terabytes of data per hour. We are looking for Platform Support Engineers to provide support for our Data Platform applications and systems. In partnership with Senior/Staff Engineers, you will improve stability, availability and performance optimizations, in addition to improving the usability and maintainability of each application. You will also be expected to develop competency for most, if not all, technologies within the Data Platform, and will be the subject matter expert for applications they support. All core data platform applications at Xandr emphasize high performance, optimize map-reduce designs, and involve a plethora of technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Take ownership of core components of data ingestion & integration processing that intakes ~ 17 billon events per hour with data volume in excess of 2TB per hour.
• Need to be autonomous and self-driven to own a problem and design/built optimize, bullet proof solutions that scales, extensible and easily maintainable by others.
• Expert in distributed system design and Messaging systems.
• Understand best practices around software engineering and design patterns (weakness and strengths of those patterns) with experience successfully implementing/mixing and changing those patterns and best practices.
• Design and implement new features and enhancements to our data platform in an intelligent fashion that advances component architecture toward strategic data governance/management objectives
• Work with world class high frequency/low latency design experts to perform in-depth analysis and optimization of data pipeline components to ensure smooth execution within strict time and resource limitations
• Work closely with product stakeholders and users to understand data and reporting requirements
• Prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
• Serve as a mentor and guide for other team members
- Must be expert coder with some 3GL (java); with deep understanding on Java for distributed and low latency designs patterns.
- Experience with Big Data and distributed systems using technologies such as Cloudera, HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Python, PHP and Scala
- Handson experience in Mapreduce – PIG / HIVE(Optional ).
- Deep understanding on SQL(Set theory) and other databases.
- Should have experience with ETL ( Ab initio ).
- Experience/Achievements in coping with large scale data deployments and/or high frequency/low latency projects
- Familiarity with Enterprise Data Management & Governance practices or Data Architecture methodologies are a plus.
BA/BS/MS degree and minimum 3+ years of experience (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
1 PM – 10 PM.
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.