AT&T was the first to deliver advanced telecommunications and technology services to companies headquartered in India. That means big things for your career. Not only will you join one of the most exciting telecom markets in the world, you’ll bring your technology expertise to local as well as international customers.
The new AT&T advertising technology business is on a unique mission through the launch of its newest business Xandr. This organization born as recently as August 2018 & built on a foundation of 140 years of AT&T excellence and multiple acquisitions of top assets and people, is driving the advertising industry forward by creating new options for advertisers and publishers to find and reach specific audiences at scale in trusted, premium content environment. A fundamental enabler for our strategy is technology, and we have launched a new technology center of excellence in Bangalore which is searching for candidates who embody the Xandr principles - create with curiosity and courage, believe in better, use data responsibly, pursue differences, reflect and imagine, and teach and learn.
About the Role:
• Help the Global Technical Managers (TechOps) in the hiring efforts for the India office & build a strong team of engineers and technologists eventually comprising 60-70 individuals across 4-5 teams
• To be the first point of contact to local DBA, Network Engineering and System Administration teamleads and engineers for local people-matters and to be a facilitator for Xandr's global technical teams to coordinate and manage the deliverables from the India TechOps teams.
• To help integrate local teams with our global tech teams
• Work with global Technical managers on the Oversee the implementation of the 24X7 shift-based schedules, on-call schedules and generally keep an oversight on the security aspects involved in pickup/drop for shift-based employees
• Be a mentor & guide to the local teamleads of each TechOps team that will own and deliver specific areas of the Technical Operations functions
• Help maintain a strong technology & product culture by investing deeply in developing relationship across all the offices
• Build a culture fostering greater communication, visibility, access, and collaboration for the TechOps teams
• Be a key player in implementing global technology processes and procedures with the local TechOps team
• Establish strong rapport within team members, support global practices that drive employee engagement and productivity
• Ensure organizational architecture and teams are aligned with the business goals
• Typically requires 12+ years technical experience (with recent hands-on systems administration experience) of which 8+ years should have been supervisory experience
• Should have directly managed an organization/team of size 40 at minimum
• Must have proven ability to lead, motivate and align individuals and teams
• Move through varying timelines, recruitment priorities, manage stakeholders and teams in the process
• Must have ability to take escalations from the TechOps teams to conclusion by either resolving the issues directly or by escalating to other persons/teams on a case to case basis
• Should have recent TechOps work experience (preferably hands-on) managing teams that worked with competencies that our TechOps teams are being hired for:
o Linux operating systems (preferably Ubuntu)
o Databases (preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL)
o Intensive scripting (preferably Perl, python, shell)
• Should have prior experience managing front-line 24X7 support teams that worked on multiple at-scale data centres
• Must be able to work on budgets, numbers, salary projections & be comfortable making presentations
• Must be a skilful communicator, good negotiator & have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Work experience as a liaison to key business partners and other Technology teams and prior experience as a subject matter expert on solutions to meet business needs and build/maintain ongoing positive relationships
• Must have significant experience and be flexible to work with stakeholders across different timezones
• Should have proven influence skills across multiple cultures and competing priorities
Interesting to work with AT&T which always expected their employees to groom.
You will always get the credit for your work and also will be appreciated. Even in this much of big team you will always be recognisable.
Deadlines they are giving is very short period. So, always need to extend our times in the office and sometimes need to work on holidays.Current Employee - QA Tester
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.