AT&T Public Cloud Solution Architecture & Migration is seeking candidates that can deliver extraordinary impact and influence solution engineering expertise in support of AT&T applications migrating to Public Cloud Service Providers (such as Azure, AWS, Google Compute Platform).
This position will be responsible for solution design and realization of running application workloads on public cloud. Provide architectural guidance to key migration projects that are generally large efforts which provide significant financial benefit to AT&T when successfully migrated to cloud. By providing this service, AT&T realizes quicker and larger financial benefit due to the experience and knowledge of this group of solution architects.
The individual will support teams across various Business Units in their cloud migrations and will assist to enhance, optimize, and implement cloud solutions at the lowest possible annual recurring cost. The individual will be responsible in providing technical leadership in connectivity design, refactoring/redesigning application workloads to be cloud capable, and properly leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) & Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions offered by CSPs. The individual will analyze overall application architecture , provide technical expertise to teams unfamiliar with cloud technologies, and drive/support/deliver towards a multi-cloud strategy.
- Perform joint assessments with Business Unit Application Owners, Business Unit Technical SMEs and Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects/Engineers to understand current state of application deployment stack and map it to target state deployment stack on public cloud providers
- Provide architecture and connectivity design, workload optimization and solution design leveraging Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) as offered by partner Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs)
- Review and approve target state deployment topology, High Level Architecture and Private Link interactions for the Public Cloud Workloads
- Provide architecturally consistent, pre-approved, reusable solutions to application migration teams in order to accelerate cloud migrations. Create prototypes as necessary to validate proposed solutions and get feedback from stakeholders
- Share cloud technology expertise with application architects, and provide consultative support to application teams including assessment of connectivity requirements, VNet /VPC and subnet design and recommendations of CSP provides IaaS/PaaS services
- Ensure that application designs adhere to Base 6 Architecture Principles, Public Cloud Policies, Public Cloud Approved Design Patterns and ASPR Security Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, EE or equivalent
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience leading the design of the system, logical and physical architecture in collaboration with business partners and SCRUM teams
- 8-10 years of relevant work experienceworking with business/product owners to guide defining new requirements
- 5-10 years of relevant work experienceworking with SOAP and REST APIs / microservices design
- Must have demonstrated deliverables in application design and deployment topology for complex, multi-tier distributed applications
- Must have designed solutions that meet availability needs based on application functional and non-functional requirements
- At least two years of applied migration experience in moving on-premises applications to cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Cloud, etc)
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and SAFe Agile practices and strong aptitude to work in a DevOps culture and environment
- Must have full-stack development experience building application software, test automation, and infrastructure as code, relational and NOSQL database technologies
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have Foundation Level and Associate Level certifications in Azure and/or AWS
- Expert Level certifications in Azure or AWS - Solutions Architect
- Applied experience with container-based platforms including Kubernetes, Docker, Container Instances, HELM charts, and related technologies
- Hands-on experience with cloud automation frameworks (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and cloud provided automation tools (Azure Resource Manager Templates, AWS CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with OWASP and integrations with static code analysis tools such as Veracode, Sonar, Blackduck, and dynamic code analysis tools
- Familiarity with load balancing technolgies - ILB (Internal Load Balancers), Application Gateway, WAF (Web App Firewall), F5 appliance solutions, etc.
- Experience in private network connectivity using Express Routes, Direct Connect, etc.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.