UX Design Program Manager
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
UX Design Program Manager
As part of the Design Technology team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to be part of a transformational team that promotes new process innovation within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup within AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of our customers as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The Design Program Manager position is characterized as an integral part of developing and growing Design Operations within creative teams. They are the backbone for team performance, providing agility of product innovation by establishing seamless workflows, implementing centralized tools and practices, managing and leading key projects, and ensuring alignment with partner teams across product marketing, development, and cross-organizational stakeholders.
With a strong appreciation for UX/UI design, a Design Program Manager understands the creative practice and knows how to apply just the right amount of process for our Designers to thrive. This position establishes the plan for bringing design to fruition, along with a strategy for the operational aspects of product design. This position enjoys solving the “how”, freeing up designers to focus on crafting the “what”.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the complete product design lifecycle for high-profile initiatives from design concept to launch.
- Collaborate closely with design leaders on overall team vision and strategy.
- Guide projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitate alignment/communication across disciplines and organizations.
- Prepare for design reviews with partners and senior leadership by driving agendas, goals, FAQs and presentation strategy.
- 8+ years in a UI/UX group
- 5+ years in a project management role with demonstrated experience and examples of bringing design projects to completion
- Being able to manage various projects at once from start to completion
- Strong collaborative spirit
- Effective communicator within the team
- Communicate and lead cross functional groups
- Able to effectively present to peers and upper leadership
Date posted 10/02/2019
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.