* Open to remote *
About Our Team:
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new experiences within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates irresistible experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As a UX designer, you will:
- Use your UX chops to design (and redesign) a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
- Use storytelling, UX, and prototypes to compellingly convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your designs.
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to get your designs into production.
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Support the organization and facilitation of design workshops with clients and partners as needed.
Required Experience & Characteristics:
- 1-3 years interaction/graphic design experience across a variety of digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred.
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, and digital prototyping. Must be very comfortable with graphic design and interactive tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, Framer, etc. (And have the drive to always learn and experiment with new tools.)
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: visual design, machine learning, mobile applications, web applications, messaging interfaces, illustration, video/film production.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You’re excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
- Systems Thinker with a Product Mindset: You’re great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You’re well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you’re great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You’re able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Locations: Our studios are in Austin and Dallas, TX. In our social-distanced world, remote locations are a-ok. Long-term, we’d like to build our critical mass in Texas.
Application requirements and instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio
Job ID 2127828 Date posted 05/16/2021