Ready to work at a company that has been changing the way people live, work, and play for more than 140 years? Our multidisciplinary Design Technology team is the originator of design at AT&T and tackles the communication industry’s gnarliest problems.
A little about our team
We design the future of AT&T’s customer experiences. Through strategy, research, and ideation, the Design Technology team makes life easier for the 100 million families and 3 million businesses who connect to the world with AT&T.
We’re designers, researchers, design program managers, and content strategists with wildly different backgrounds, skillsets, and passions. We all come together to build an end-to-end experience that surpasses expectations. Join us if you’re ready to bring your humanity and your A-game to solve some of the most complex problems in design.
What you’ll do
Using a combination of skill, creativity, and leadership, you’ll help AT&T set the vision for a diverse set of future experiences and products.
With a strong appreciation for design, a Staff Design Manager understands the creative practice and knows how to apply just the right amount of process for our designers to thrive. This position establishes the plan for bringing design to fruition, along with a strategy for the operational aspects of product design. This position enjoys solving the "how", freeing up designers to focus on crafting the "what".
Who you are
As a Staff Design Program Manager, you should be:
- Ready to work with partner stakeholders to ensure experience continuity across the end-to-end customer journeys
- Owner of the product design lifecycle for high-profile initiatives from design concept to launch
- Collaborative, working closely with design leaders on overall team vision and strategy
- A guide for projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders
We’d love you to apply for the Staff Design Program Manager role if you:
- Have 2-5 years of experience managing customer experience driven programs
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design, design research, content strategy and product development lifecycles
- Drive improvements and evolution of discipline best practices – ensures implementation of best practices across all studios and program
- Practice clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have strong attention to detail
- Foster collaborative environment and support the team, ensuring health and productivity
- Thrive in ambiguity – drives decision making
At AT&T, we encourage people to bring their authentic selves to work every day. Every individual is valued and every voice is heard. We strive to foster a sense of empowerment in our diverse workplace. We’re one of Time magazine’s “Most Influential Companies,” LinkedIn’s “Top Companies,” and DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity.”
We create connections—with each other, with stories that matter, and with experiences that people need in their everyday lives. Learn more about About AT&T and our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
The Design Technology studios are in Austin and Dallas, TX, but remote locations are A-OK.
Job ID 2220366-1 Date posted 04/08/2022