* Open to remote *
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new innovative customer experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize alldifferences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religiAon to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will:- Use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
- Develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly understood and seriously considered by team members, business clients and product teams.
- Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative research methods.
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great experiences for customers.
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to convey the vision, flow, and features of products being created.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and work products.
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions into production.
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines while understanding of business objectives and how to balance them with design and user needs.
Required Experience & Characteristics
- Typically requires 3 years of experience leading strategic planning and design delivery projects.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative research methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods. Example methods include contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, and persona/archetype development.
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You’re excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
- Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You’re great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You’re well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you are great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You’re able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.