Sr Lead UX Researcher (Qualitative Specialization)
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Sr Lead UX Researcher (Qualitative Specialization)
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new innovative customer experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to workAt AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize all differences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religion to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
As a Senior Lead UX Researcher, you will:
• Use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
• Develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly understood and seriously considered by team members, business clients and product teams.
• Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative research methods.
• Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great experiences for customers.
• Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to convey the vision, flow, and features of products being created.
• Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and work products.
• Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions into production.
• Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.nderstanding of business objectives and how to balance them with design and user needs.
Required Experience & Characteristics
• Typically requires 4-10 years of experience leading strategic planning and design delivery projects.
• MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science) or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative research methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods. Example methods include contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, and persona/archetype development.
• Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You’re excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
• Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You’re great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
• Empathetic + Fun: You’re well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you are great fun to work with.
• Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You’re able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Date posted 08/21/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.