Sr Lead Software Engineer
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Sr Lead Software Engineer
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new innovative customer experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work.
At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize all differences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religion to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
As a Sr Lead Software Engineer, you are responsible for the overall delivery process of a software application or service, including architecture, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Required Experience & Characteristics
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer, you:
- Have 5-8 years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Have 2-3 years leading and establishing processes for small to mid-sized teams.
- Actively mentor junior engineering team members by openly sharing experience, perspective, and holding routine code review.
- Are a thought-leader, demonstrating an ability to drive adoption of technology recommendations which then have a direct measurable impact.
- Define vision for software implementation strategy and can visualize, architect, and implement high performing software solutions to meet business goals.
- Have deep knowledge of one or more server-side technologies (i.e.; Node.js, GraphQL, Flask).
- Have strong experience with database technologies and maintain fundamental knowledge of data structures.
- Have experience deploying applications using Azure or AWS cloud providers and have a healthy obsession for key application metrics (e.g.; performance, security, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of machine learning concepts and implementations specifically by leveraging popular frameworks (e.g.; Keras or TensorFlow)
- Thrive in fast-pace environments.
- Have pragmatic problem-solving skills, which enable you to navigate ambiguous or loosely defined requirements.
- Seamlessly integrating with UI & UX designers, strategists, and researchers to build and release fascinating software experiences.
Preferred Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; or equivalent experience
Date posted 08/24/2020
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.