You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build a PaaS (Platform as a Service) for running and managing AT&T cybersecurity services. The ideal candidate will become a core part of a team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. The candidate will be responsible for writing high quality code and execute the vision for the platform. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working in a fast-paced release cycle. This person will help develop and deliver a mission critical platform.
The ideal candidate will have experience building highly scalable, reliable products that are cloud native. Experience with cloud networking and data platforms like ElasticSearch are required. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
● Collaborating with other technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
● Designing system architecture and software components that align with AT&T Cybersecurity’s business strategies and objectives.
● Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
● Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
● Implement key architecture and infrastructure decisions.
● Work closely with the CTO/AVP of Technology and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
● Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
● All other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
● 7+ years software development and architecture experience.
● 5+ years Java or .NET or similar experience
● 3+ years of Node.js experience
● 3+ years cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Azure or others)
● Automation using Terraform / Cloudformation/ Azure ARM
● Cloud Networking knowledge - Linux Networking, VXLAN overlays & encapsulation
● Experience building scalable , distributed solutions
● Experience with distributed search / storage management platforms like Elasticsearch
● Experience building / consuming REST APIs
● Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems
● Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel in a geographically diverse team
● Comfortable with Agile development practices
● Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● Experience building microservices and deploying them using Kubernetes/Docker
● Building solutions at massive scale to serve millions of customers
● Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus
● Experience in network and application security is a plus
● Bitbucket, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Fortify, JFrog Tools, Atlassian Tools
WHAT YOU GET:
● A competitive compensation that includes base salary + bonus
● The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management
● Live and work in beautiful Austin, Texas.
So, why consider a position AT&T Cybersecurity?
There are many great reasons to join our team but here are a few that stand out:
● The market opportunity is enormous. There are millions of business around the world that are struggling to adequately protect their IT resources or meet their compliance obligations.
● At AT&T, we already have millions of commercial customers that we provide networking services today and that gives us a significant advantage in how we solve customer’s security problems.
● AT&T Cybersecurity runs as a separate business unit within AT&T. That gives us the reach and resources of a Fortune 9 company with the autonomy to work and deliver like a startup.
● AT&T provides a generous benefits package.
● In addition to selling software directly to end customers, AT&T Cybersecurity uses our own products to deliver managed services so we get a front-row seat in how our products are used.
● And most importantly, we come to work each day on a mission to provide organizations with highly intelligent security products and services that are affordable and simple to use. We believe organizations of all shapes and sizes should be able to achieve world-class security without the headaches and huge expense of other solutions.
Interested in joining our cybersecurity team?
Enjoyable, great benefits, good pay, little cog BIG SYSTEM
GREAT benefits, very understanding, and an excellent environment that fosters great leadership
Due to the separation and mergers of companies, the internal systems are difficult to navigate, sometimes redundant, or just plain confusing.Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.